The meeting format is hybrid, and presenters can choose in-person presentation or online presentation. However, Please note that the organizers will not take responsibility for travel, health, and safety. Some of the invited sessions are online. The in-person conference will be held at Tsinghua University School of Economics and Management (30 Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China).
For domestic attendees, there will likely be no restrictions to attend the in-person conference in June, but there may be a risk of virus infection. For foreign participants, the entry policy is continually evolving. Currently a week of quarantine is required but may be relaxed by June. Please check the conference website for updates or refer to your country’s Embassy website for the latest announcements on travel requirements, restrictions, and advisories regarding travel to China.
- Paper Submission Period: December 20, 2022 – March 20, 2023
- Decision Notification Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Registration Period: April 15, 2023 – June 15, 2023
- (Early Bird Registration Period: April 15, 2023 – May 15, 2023)
- Preliminary Program Announcement: May 15, 2023
- Complete papers due to discussants: June 1, 2023
- Ben Bernanke, Brookings Institution
- Xiaohong Chen, Yale University
- Darrel Duffie, Stanford University
- Zhiguo He, University of Chicago
- John List, University of Chicago
- James Poterba, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Helene Rey, London Business School
- Stefanie Stantcheva, Harvard University
- Wei Xiong, Princeton University
Submissions are open via https://editorialexpress.com/conference/AMES2023China/. Interested authors are encouraged to submit unpublished working papers or early drafts (more than 10 pages with results). For co-authored work, please specify who will be the presenting author. Submissions will be evaluated by the program committee for acceptance into the conference program.
At least one (co-) author must be a member of the Econometric Society in order to submit a paper. Please be aware that the person submitting the paper is entered as the presumed presenter and cannot submit a paper without being a member. To join or renew a membership, please visit https://www.econometricsociety.org/user/register .
The Econometric Society will award a limited number of grants to young scholars whose papers are accepted to present at the conference through waiving early bird registration fees or partial reimbursement of travel expenses to attend the conference. The allocation of the fund will be on a competitive basis, and applications will be evaluated by a review committee.
For any inquiries, please feel free to contact the local organizing committee at email@example.com.